Earlier this year, a teacher from Ironbound Catholic Academy (Newark) found our website and contacted H&C Metals to inquire if we were willing to conduct a presentation for their senior class.
A Presentation on Metal and E-Waste Recycling
Students from the senior class were enrolled in an elective program that covered said industry. The teacher thought it would be fun and informative to include a segment about metal and e-waste recycling, as well as invite an industry representative to address the class.
H&C Metals’ Presentation Structure
H&C Metals agreed upon receiving the request and prepared a presentation discussing:
- Physical samples of materials we buy & sell for recycling
- Explaining & illustrating the difference between Ferrous & Nonferrous Metals, including the use of a magnet to demonstrate the differences
- A “tour” of select pages from the H&C website to further explain our operations
- Videos about the metal recycling & electronic scrap industries and how Lead Acid Batteries (e.g., Car/Truck Batteries) are recycled
- A review of the transportation & trucking options we utilize for hauling scrap
- The value of scrap metal
- A Q&A session
We ended the presentation by providing each student with a complimentary H&C Metals magnet.